Hi Haters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WarRock's Dream Clan

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.

Go down 
+2
Gotitdone
fistsonlyx
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fistsonlyx

Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. Empty
PostSubject: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 5:39 pm

Hello, I Greatly need to upgrade my video card. Its the worst onboard graphic card. I'm in a bad position for money right now but i can get a video card/psu for under 75 dollars. My current Psu is 250 W So i wanna upgrade to 400 W
The Card/PSu im currently looking at is the Radeon 4350 HD, or the Nvidia 8400 GS And a 400 W PSU.

This is only for warrock so I am going to keep it cheap. What's a cheap PSU/Graphics card I can run warrock at 1024x768 On All high and 32 BIT

I currently play on all low 640x468 and lag pale .

If I Get radeon 4350 HD do i need to upgrade my PSU as i don't want to even risk a 40% chance of my computer dying.

For Psu This http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1621514&CatId=1078 Or http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=544429&CatId=1078 60mm Fan is bigger which i don't know what the better is.

Video Cards Cheap: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5366245&CatId=3668
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5562137&CatId=3668
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4138178&CatId=1560

If you could find something better, cheaper and built good for warrock. I would indeed appreciate it greatly. Fps in your average 32 player UO game currently less then 20 and screen lags very bad. On cqc I use to be able to play 16 player games on medium now, i play lowest settings with lag, i need help as the lag is killing my aim and the gunlag too.
Back to top Go down
fistsonlyx

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Currently I run 2.0 ghz processor (AMD SEMPRON 3600+)
2.5 GB RAM
Windows Vista 32 Home Basic (No Aero)
103 GB HD
17'' Monitor.

1 Printer
Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Gotitdone

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Puzzle

Puzzle

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:18 am

i wish i can have a computer that isnt crap
my "express family integrated chipset" lol!

just plain fails..
Back to top Go down
fistsonlyx

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

How about this It looks a bit nice.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125250

with this PSU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152032
im sure we could find a better psu
Back to top Go down
Brent
Admin
Brent

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:39 pm

That gfx card u posted, fist...have no fan. lol U would always want to have a fan on ur gfx card. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=504
fistsonlyx

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:43 pm

K albino ill keep looking.
Back to top Go down
fistsonlyx

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 5:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Brent
Admin
Brent

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:13 pm

I would still pick Got's gfx card pick...because its 1 gb and urs is 128 bit. and that psu is good enough for 4650s i believe. I would go with 600 watts/free shipping...i never know the exact psu's watt needed for those cards but i always have 1000 w lol

EDIT- If ur low on budget...I would recommend you to get what Gotitdone linked...obv he wouldnt post that psu if its too weak for 4650s. But They are good combo for wr Razz
Back to top Go down
Gotitdone

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:09 pm

Brent wrote:
That gfx card u posted, fist...have no fan. lol U would always want to have a fan on ur gfx card. Razz
Yep, the ones without a fan are more for home theater computers or other situations where noise is more of an issue.
For gaming performance is more important then a little extra noise. Other then that any 4650 will be your best bet at the price level you are looking at.
Back to top Go down
hanglooze

PostSubject: ....   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:53 pm

checkout zipzoomfly.com free shipping and no sales tax, Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
Back to top Go down
fistsonlyx

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:31 am

Hmm, it comes of too 90$ for gotit's the psu is okay but the video card is expensive and a little bit overpowered for warrock, my 17'' monitor probably only needs 512 mb to run very good and 1gb is a lot. Luckily i use vga and the video card you posted comes with a dvi to vga adapter which is a nice find Smile so I'll try to get gotit's but if its to pricey ill go down to a cheaper video card but i assume ill be able to get that thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Brent
Admin
Brent

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 3:47 pm

fistsonlyx wrote:
Hmm, it comes of too 90$ for gotit's the psu is okay but the video card is expensive and a little bit overpowered for warrock, my 17'' monitor probably only needs 512 mb to run very good and 1gb is a lot. Luckily i use vga and the video card you posted comes with a dvi to vga adapter which is a nice find Smile so I'll try to get gotit's but if its to pricey ill go down to a cheaper video card but i assume ill be able to get that thanks Smile

Lol, I forgot you really dont need 1 gb for your monitor...I do need it for my 32"

Im pretty sure whatever you find will do great for warrock.
Back to top Go down
fistsonlyx

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Should i get a 256 mb or 512mb Surprised
Back to top Go down
fistsonlyx

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Brent
Admin
Brent

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:26 pm

still works good for wr. I personally am ATI user, but this card u linked will work on wr and esp ur 450w psu is strong enough to run that card.
Back to top Go down
fistsonlyx

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 4:29 pm

How do i kno if the psu will work with my computer?

my current computer mobo is this http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01237548&tmp_track_link=ot_recdoc/c01174518/en_us/c01237548/loc:1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3577836

My computer is the SR5223W

The PSU im going to get is the one gotit and i posted. I still am deciding between nvidia 8400 gs and radeon hd 4650/ radeon 4350. also i think im going to upgrade my CPU because it supports amd athlon x2 4800 which is a dual core 2.5 and im currently using a single core 2.0. I need to rap things up and know they work so there will be no errors.
Back to top Go down
fistsonlyx

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:33 pm

Ok i decided to upgrade my whole computer

im going to buy a dual 2.5 ghz processor (kinda slow but extremely fast for me since I'm using a single 2.0 right now)

Then the 450 watt psu if its compatible, a radeon 4670 512 mb and another 2 gbs of ram, is this worth getting or should i just wait a couple of months and get a new computer when warrock outdates. This will probably never happen or take 2 months for me to acquire everything since I'm always cheap and everything i plan never happens. Is this a good idea or no bounce
Back to top Go down
fistsonlyx

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:36 pm

total price is 150-200$ which is this worth it or could i find something better.my computer is 32 bit so should i get like windows 7/xp 64 bit, i like vista but its a drain and downer in gaming.
Back to top Go down
Brent
Admin
Brent

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:12 pm

whole build would be great for just mainly wr and games like css. But remember, u have to buy hdd too, plus, get win xp instead of vista if ur planning to get 2 gig ram
Back to top Go down
fistsonlyx

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 5:03 am

I'm getting Radeon HD 4670 1gb Gddr3, Free shipping) It's sapphire which i would get the xfx but this one is cheaper and has free shipping, also better review's and sapphire is still great.

amd athlon 64 x2 2.5 dual ghz processor

another 2 gb ram

450w psu

Maybe an hdd? edit: do i have to reinstall windows on this or do i add the drive and leave my normal hard drive and just have two.
Back to top Go down
Brent
Admin
Brent

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 2:46 pm

Good choices. Im so glad u didnt pick 8400 gt. And Sapphire is great product too. xD

What Hdd size do you have?
Back to top Go down
Gotitdone

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:32 pm

How old is this computer? Are you sure it is not an agp interface?

From what you describe I would be hesitant to dump too much money into it,I would just call it good at a new psu and gpu then work to save up for a better build a year or two down the road.
Back to top Go down
Brent
Admin
Brent

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 5:44 pm

I agreed ^ But its your money, your decision...personally, i think u probably should just get psu and gfx card...then buy whole build later on when u have $$$ then take out ur new gfx card and psu and put them in your new build so u wont have to buy them again.
Back to top Go down
fistsonlyx

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:30 am

my hdd is 120 gb but i have don't use much space, like 5 gb of music and just other stuff, i got a lot of games but they don't take up much space, the only thing that is taking up some space is wow 15 gb and rom 6 gb, if i uninstalled them i'd go back to have enough hdd space for cod6.

i was thinking of the video card ting and yes it will work on my comp

its pci express x16 not 2.0 Sad but it supports 2.0 video cards. my monitor isnt 17'' its 19'' actually Smile because i can run on max 1440x900.

a couple months ago before my money crashed i was going to buy a new mobo and 500 w psu, nvidia 4670 and all the same and a 3.0 ghz processor but now im on a very tight budget so yeah i guess i'll just get the video card since that's the only thing that lags me.

topic solved unless anyone wants to make any more suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.   Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade. Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheap Video Card - Psu Upgrade.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next