WarRock's Dream Clan

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Editing Corner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fattie

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:37 pm

Oh and the link you posted is still locking my FPS, the one time it didn't is when I set it to 50 FPS and it was playing at 100, with some noticeable lag.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harpyeagle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:05 pm

cowking wrote:
I'm on vista 64-bit home edition
And yeah now we can see the vid. How do you make it so it's viewable via link w/o making it public in your profile? I once tried limited access url but it didn't work for me (although I was embedding, so I guess it only works by linking). It would look a lot better with some color correction though. Some people like the default straight out of warrock colors but personally I think they look very bland. It's very easy to overdo colors too.
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7832/61965235.png
Copy and paste URL from that box. It's only viewable for 25 ppl though.

Do you guys notice any strutter in my video? I can feel somewhat little strutter and frame drop here and there.

Anyone know a recording software that captures your screen and takes screen shots, which you can later combine with desired custom frame rate?

I'll try new Fraps on my i7 and 4890 once I get back to my apartment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cowking

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:45 pm

Harpyeagle wrote:

Do you guys notice any strutter in my video? I can feel somewhat little strutter and frame drop here and there.

The most important thing of all. If your playing FPS drops below your RECORDING FPS at ANY POINT, it will show as stutter in the final video. Make sure you CAN reach that recording FPS in game with EASE.

Last edited by cowking on Thu May 27, 2010 8:39 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fattie

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:49 pm

I don't think it's an issue of my PC choking up while recording, as soon as I start recording at 60 FPS for examplemy FPS just drops and stays at 60, doesn't unlock at any point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cowking

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:42 pm

Fattie wrote:
I don't think it's an issue of my PC choking up while recording, as soon as I start recording at 60 FPS for examplemy FPS just drops and stays at 60, doesn't unlock at any point.

Have you tried dropping your resolution to 640x480 and recording speed at 30 FPS? If you don't get 100+ playing FPS that way then something's definitely wrong.

Do you experience the same recording FPS bug I have in xfire? No matter what you set your recording speed in xfire at, it only comes out as 30 FPS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fattie

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:55 pm

No my xfire works perfectly, it's just that I play at 1280x1024 now and compared to my old 1024x768 I get a lot more lag when recording, and I need the 1280 for youtube's 1280x720.

Otherwise I'd record on my old res lag free at 100 FPS on xfire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harpyeagle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:16 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=AS2buZ6hPes&sharing_token=rqB1xUkHjz2As39O7KSCYQ

I recorded @ 120~123 FPS. @ 1024x768 res. Just need a crack and I'm good.

MP4 renders are loss-less but I still see a significant decrease in quality, any one care to share their settings for other format or codec?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harpyeagle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:00 am

Btw the 100 FPS cap is lifted only in 3.1.1 version. I can't find any cracks or torrents. Latest out there is 3.1.0. I guess in 1 or 2 weeks they would have crack ready for us. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cowking

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:20 am

Harpyeagle wrote:
Btw the 100 FPS cap is lifted only in 3.1.1 version. I can't find any cracks or torrents. Latest out there is 3.1.0. I guess in 1 or 2 weeks they would have crack ready for us. Wink

These are the only listed changes for 3.1.1 on the fraps home page.

3.1.1 - 11th Feb 2010
- Fixed detection of loading screens when recording with unlocked framerate
- Added product information to installer

Fattie wrote:
No my xfire works perfectly, it's just that I play at 1280x1024 now and compared to my old 1024x768 I get a lot more lag when recording, and I need the 1280 for youtube's 1280x720.

Otherwise I'd record on my old res lag free at 100 FPS on xfire.

Do you get lag also on xfire or only fraps when recording at 1280x1024?

You could also just record 1024x768 and upload to youtube at 854x480, or record at 1024x768 and scale it to 1280x720.

Harpyeagle wrote:

MP4 renders are loss-less but I still see a significant decrease in quality, any one care to share their settings for other format or codec?

Same but I have to try a few other ones.

I'm suffering from the same fps lockdown problem on 1024x768 btw. The fps uncap works at lower resolutions but when I record at 1024x768, it locks it to recording FPS.

Harpyeagle wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=AS2buZ6hPes&sharing_token=rqB1xUkHjz2As39O7KSCYQ

I recorded @ 120~123 FPS. @ 1024x768 res. Just need a crack and I'm good.

Did you record this with xfire or fraps?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fattie

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Here is a video recorded with xfire on 1280x1024 @60 FPS recording

Here is a video recorded with xfire on 1024x768 @60 FPS recording

Nothing is edited, just regular recordings uploaded.

Now my question is, would youtube work well if I record at 1024x768?

EDIT: here is a video that's recorded at 1024x768 using xfire at 60 FPS, the edited using vegas pro 9, rendered as an uncompressed AVI and then encoded by xfire and uploaded as a regular .avi->.mp4 file.

Need some feedback quality before I start recording for a frag video, I want everything to be in the same format.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fattie

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:42 pm

I'm also uploading 640x480 and 1024x768 fraps recordings for comparison to xfire, the fraps you linked to is still capping me, for example when recording at 30 FPS it caps me at 60 FPS. I lowered the resolution and it still doesn't give me full FPS.

Now, if this was a game like CS:S that wouldn't be a problem, but at 60 FPS there's noticeable gun lag which is hard to play with.

One big advantage fraps has is the sound recording is much better than xfire, as xfire tends to delay the video a bit, causing the sound to be heard before the actual in game movement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fattie

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:43 pm

640x480:

1024x768

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cowking

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Testing no hud.

I noticed that anti-aliasing/anistropic filtering don't work in warrock unless you have shaders box unchecked. Even if you don't turn any shader on but keep it checked, AA won't work in game. At least on my graphics card.

---

Fattie wrote:

Now my question is, would youtube work well if I record at 1024x768?

Yes. Personally I'm pretty much set on recording 1024x768 and using it in 854x480 (whether to scale it down or not, depends on video), and upload to youtube in 854x480.

If you can get 90-100 FPS recording speed at 1024x768 or 800x600 without your framerate going below that, you're set. If you can only do 60 FPS, slowdowns won't be that much slowed down, but it will look good.

Clearly the optimal is 1280x720 or higher at 90+ fps if you got a good HD setup.

Fattie wrote:
I'm also uploading 640x480 and 1024x768 fraps recordings for comparison to xfire, the fraps you linked to is still capping me, for example when recording at 30 FPS it caps me at 60 FPS. I lowered the resolution and it still doesn't give me full FPS.

If I had a choice, I'd use xfire but it's broken for me and reinstall won't fix the FPS problem. Sure sounds work a bit better in fraps, but if it really does come down to it (gets completely out of sync), you can insert the bullet sounds to the vid manually. It's laborous but can be done. It's more hard to insert enemy bullet sounds, but for your own bullets it can be done (there's a flash for every bullet fired).

The biggest impact on the final video visual quality is not the resolution you record at, it's how you color correct it afterwards.

Fattie wrote:
That looks really cool, did you color correct that or is that actually what your PE looks like with AA/AS?

No it's edited, and those clips actually don't have AA/AF on, because I had shader box checked.

Last edited by cowking on Thu May 27, 2010 8:40 am; edited 21 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fattie

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:40 pm

That looks really cool, did you color correct that or is that actually what your PE looks like with AA/AS?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fattie

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:04 pm

Since I don't know how to "edit", I guess I'll be sticking with xfire and recording 1 minute at a time to avoid too much sound delay, unless I can get a version of fraps that doesn't cap the FPS regardless of resolution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cowking

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:05 pm

That's a 640x480 scaled to 854x480

The colors are too bright

It's blurred on sides (on purpose).

I have no clue if I had AA/AF on, and I think it's 90 FPS source but doesn't really matter since there is no slow down. I'll see if I can do a quick one with better quality.

Fattie wrote:
Since I don't know how to "edit", I guess I'll be sticking with xfire and recording 1 minute at a time to avoid too much sound delay, unless I can get a version of fraps that doesn't cap the FPS regardless of resolution.

Pirate after effects or sony vegas. Find the basic usage instructions for the said program. For after effects I linked it in the the first page of this thread I think.

Load up warrock footage, start slapping on color related effects (maybe blur too) and see what looks good on the specific maps.

I can even list all the good effects to use (in after effects) or even the settings I've used.

Making it look good isn't the hardest part, it's making the video sync with the audio.

Last edited by cowking on Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fattie

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:11 pm

I have vegas pro 9, I can do the basic tasks but nothing like color correction or filters, blurs, etc.

Know any good tutorials?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cowking

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:12 pm

Fattie wrote:
I have vegas pro 9, I can do the basic tasks but nothing like color correction or filters, blurs, etc.

Know any good tutorials?

Unfortunately I don't know anything about vegas, only AE. For after effects, here is the best beginner tutorial.

http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cowking

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Here's instructions if you want to remove the in game hud (with some limitations). Certain text cannot be removed from the hud (at least I don't know how). All the files you need to edit are .TGA. If it's .DDS, you don't need to touch it.

NOTE: you risk getting banned doing this. I think. So good idea to never login to your main accnt if you have edited hud files. You can probably get banned on your main anyway (korgoth will also ban your family and offspring). Use at your own risk.

Step 1.) copy your unedited warrock/texture/UI folder somewhere safe so you can revert back to unedited files when you're not filming.

Step 2.) there are several files you need to edit. Here's a brief summary.

UI/arms/crosshair = weapon/vehicle crosshairs. For frag vids you will want to keep your weapon crosshairs, for 3rd person camera footage you will want to delete all vehicle crosshairs.
UI/arms/image/equipment = vehicle image you see on the down left side of your hud when entering a vehicle
UI/arms/image/weapon/miniweapon = the kill image you see on the upper left side, not really much point editing these, as the text will still be visible
UI/arms/image/weapon/weapon = I'm pretty sure these are the weapon images you see on the lower right hand side when switching a weapon
UI/arms/name = weapon names you see on the lower left hand side

UI/common/levelicon = the level icons you see in TAB, and when you are inside a vehicle.

UI/every file that begins with "in_"

If I forgot something and you still see hud elements after editing all these files, they are in UI/ base folder. Look at the alpha channel of the image to see what it contains.

---

The actual thing you need to do is to use the eraser tool on the alpha channel of these images.

Step 1.) open the file in photoshop.

Step 2.) Navigate to "channels" tab.

Step 3.) Select your eraser tool and set the size to 2500 or something like that.

Step 4.) Make sure your alpha channel is selected, click the image with your eraser tool. It will turn completely black. This means it's completely transparent. Save the image (ctrl + s) and repeat for all the HUD files.

---

You will notice certain things still stay on the hud.

Floating black base numbers. The room name on the top left corner. Your weapon & hands. If you enter a vehicle, you will see your name on the down left hand side + maybe your level icon if you didn't make it transparent. Also texts on the upper left hand side will remain visible (eg medkit).

If you make all vehicle crosshairs transparent, you can film in MD/Blackhawk etc... without 90% of the hud. If you're on foot, you can use Pfz/M24 in scope mode to film without the crosshair if you made it transparent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fattie

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:24 pm

Nice find, I'm sure lots of people were looking for this. If you want to move this to a private part of the forums so it doesn't get patched/get us all banned, let harpy know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cowking

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Yea ofc you can move it if you want to, but personally I'd rather keep this here. The only other option where you're gonna find this info is on some hack site so rather have someone read it here. The entire point of having public unofficial forums is that you can discuss things that would get closed/deleted on the official forums.

It sucks that if you want to make a decent trailer type video for warrock you have to alter your hud and risk a ban but that's the way it is.

Having it here in public is no more dangerous than altering your files.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fattie

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:56 pm

I don't really mind, it's just that I thought you might want to keep it confidential as it was mentioned the method is hard to find out from that secumfex dude.

But yeah, the lack of power/customization/player control of this game is very pathetic. To the point where you have to edit files to be able to record a usable video.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harpyeagle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:32 am

cowking wrote:
NOTE: you risk getting banned doing this. I think. So good idea to never login to your main accnt if you have edited hud files. You can probably get banned on your main anyway (korgoth will also ban your family and offspring). Use at your own risk.

Just to add to that.

1. Logout of forums, ops, G1 marketplace or any of their website. Close warrock. Do not log into any of the vent servers.
2. Run ccleaner or delete your cache AND COOKIES (this will bite you back, if you don't remove 'em)
3. Change your IP.
4. Install Tor (Vidalia Bundle) make sure it works!
5. You might wanna also have a MAC spoofer just to be on safe side.
6. Edit files and whatever you want to do. and make backup of files you changed.
7. DO NOT LOG IN TO ANY OF YOUR Accounts, including forum and OPS.
8. Goto Google and g1 and make new accounts and set them up.
9. After you are done filming, repeat steps 1, 2 and 3.
10. Restore from your backup.
11. Be sure all your cookies are cleared, including Internet Explorer. G1 Ads uses it after you launch warrock.
11. Never ever login to your test accounts under normal settings that includes OPS, and G1 website.
12. Remember to have Tor enabled when browsing G1 related websites.

Most of you already know all these steps. No one but you are responsible if you are banned.

I wanted to move it to our private forum and allow cow to have access to it. But it's no use to anyone else looking for info.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harpyeagle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:39 am

Btw: nice guide cow. I need to download Photoshop CS4. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harpyeagle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:50 am

cowking wrote:
These are the only listed changes for 3.1.1 on the fraps home page.

3.1.1 - 11th Feb 2010
- Fixed detection of loading screens when recording with unlocked framerate
- Added product information to installer
Oh i didn't see it. I'm sure it will work for me.

cowking wrote:
I'm suffering from the same fps lockdown problem on 1024x768 btw. The fps uncap works at lower resolutions but when I record at 1024x768, it locks it to recording FPS.
I don't have FPS cap. I can record both fraps and xfire @ 100. Although on xfire you can play @ 139 fps while recording. On fraps, you record and play at same fps.

cowking wrote:
Same but I have to try a few other ones.
I will upload a 5 second clip (~300 MB) on my university server and give you guys link. Once you see the quality, butterness , you will shit your pants. Smile I'll let you guys test different codecs and see which gives best quality. So far I have tried MP4, WMV and AVI. MP4 seems to have best quality but you can notice that it decreases overall quality to some extent. Once you upload it on youtube, more quality is lost. WMV is about same as MP4. For AVI, somehow my sound is not working properly. I also have tried Lagarith lossless codec.

cowking wrote:
Did you record this with xfire or fraps?
Fraps. 3.1.1 trial. I don't like xfire videos they aren't sharp and loose quality and color even in uncompressed format. It was recorded @ 120 FPS.(next time I'll record on 130 or 140.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Editing Corner   

Back to top Go down

Editing Corner
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next